Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving weekend

Hey all! We've had a really nice Thanksgiving weekend! Thursday night, we played games at some of our favorite friends' house after eating turkey with our mission family for lunch. On Friday, I took a friend to the hospital for her post-operation check-up, then we (the guys, myself and Kathryn, one of our two adopted daughters) went to see Denzel Washington's new movie, Dejavu. We had a good time.. watching the movie and eating caramel corn..... Carson and Rob finished it off! Today, I took Kathryn, Cole and our friend, Irmita, to Ciudadela, the artisan market downtown. Kathryn had never been, so I wanted to take her to buy some Christmas gifts. I bought a few myself!! We ate some quesadillas and some other Mexican food, then shopped some more.. we had a great time looking around! On the way, we saw some "sights"... there was a protest downtown of some campesinos.. a NUDE protest (a fairly common occurance!!)... undies only!! You'll see a picture of it.. I chose to take it of the men because the women looked REALLY naked and I missed them (whew!!!!!). Tonight, we went to Miguel's for our Bible Study together. We studied "The prodigal son" and had good discussion! Irma fed us a wonderful meal when we finished our study! Also, she sells scarves, gloves, hats, etc... at the market 3 days a week. I asked if I could see her products... we enjoyed buying some of her "wares" since it's so cold here right now.... lots of nice Christmas gifts for friends!!



Game night with good friends on Thanksgiving night!





Cole, Irmita, and Kathryn at Ciudadela


Irmita, Kathryn, and Tina... enjoying lunch at Ciudadela




Mexico City's "believe it or not" protest downtown.. yes, it happens frequently!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh the many protests of Mexico City... how I miss those days :)