Monday, December 04, 2006

Cultural event with the Reyes

Sunday night, the Reyes family invited us to go with them to a "feria", which is-- a fair.. yes, like a county fair, the Tennessee State fair (on a much smaller scale). We met them at their house, then walked about 1/2 mile to "La Feria de San Andres". This is a yearly fair that comes, so they wanted us to be a part of it. Cole was a bit hesitant to get on the ride that take you upside down (who put these rides together, anyway???). All the "kids" did the bumper cars, and I got on the "himalaya-type" ride with Carson.. That was the LONGEST ride I've ever been on...my stomach can't take things as well as it used to.. ha!! We stood in the rain most of the time watching the guys ride rides. When we weren't riding or watching, we were tasting fresh breads. Yummy! As we were leaving, Carson decided he wanted a grilled hamburger, so we had to wait on that to be cooked.. with hot sauce and all! Oh, I forgot one of the best parts. Miguel wanted us to play some games, so he bought us a cup of rings that you throw to go over bottle tops... a ring toss sort of game... Anyway, I gave it several tries, knowing full well that I don't win at games that require any skill... Well, would you believe that I got one!! --- Yep! I won a big Scooby Doo dog! AMAZING!! I plan to give it away, but it was fun "flaunting" my win for a while! They got a big kick out of it!! We walked back to the Reyes' house and had some hot "Atol"... a drink made with milk, corn starch and fruit, for flavor.. I like it.. the guys?? Well.... I think they would have preferred hot chocolate! We had a GREAT time with this wonderful family!
(for some reason, my pics won't download for me to send, so I'll try later....)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow- I can't believe you actually won at the Feria!! Congratulations- Tina, you've got skill! :)